Today, for us, heralds the start of the school Summer holidays.
When I was a teacher, my friend and I used to refer to it as 'the glorious Summer'. Funny how your tune changes when you have three overactive kids to occupy for the guts of two months.
Lord, give me strength.
Of course the weather has decided to flip me the V's and has been PANTS the past two days.
If you need me, I'll be by the wine cupboard for the duration.
Anyhow, on to the week that's passed, and our #littleloves. Please do pop over to butwhymummywhy, and read the other little lovelies posts. The few I met last weekend were every bit as gorgeous in person as I'd imagined.
This week, the little things we have:
- The Vintage Teacup Club - I started it last weekend whilst travelling and am half-way through already. Lovely, easy, Summer reading - I'm looking forward to finishing it off in the next week or so!
- Many, many BritMums posts - it's so interesting to read how everyone experienced it differently. From the outright ecstatic, to those on whom it had the opposite effect. You can read my post on it here. Spare a moment too, to read the amazing comments at the bottom of my post. Fabulous ladies with very wise words. I'm so lucky to count them all as friends now.
- And the Little Wood bunch are live over on Sanctuary Spa again this week. I'd love it if you'd pop by, and please do say Hi in the comments - I read every one!
- The Soloist - Wow. Amazing performances from Jamie Foxx (I think he was maybe Oscar nominated for this, wasn't he?) and Robert Downey Junior (who I have loved since the moment I laid eyes on him in Only You - remember that one? When the Mr and I went travelling Italy we searched for that Bocca/ mouth thing that you put your hands in for days. True story!)Anyhow, a beautifully acted film, with such a heartbreaking and heartwarming story.
- New friends! Cheeserama, eh? But it's true. There's something about being thrown together for something in which you all have a common interest, that forges bonds more quickly than normal. It's also true that, from reading their blogs, I probably know more intimate details about some of those women that I met for the first time, than I do of even my closest friends. Such is the power of the written word. And the relative anonymity of a computer screen. Lovely women, who I sincerely hope I'll come across again very, very soon...
Yikes, I'm failing a bit at this one this week. Not in that I haven't been wearing clothes (cheeky!!), more in that it has been nothing wildly exciting.
- For a day out with the Mr and the littles on Sunday, I went for comfy and cool...With matching shoes for Annie and I ...
- Sunshine (though it has upped and left now!)
- A very special Coke bottle ...
- Eva and Noah's school held a charity water fight on Monday, and the Fire Brigade came too, to offer watery assistance in the form of their water canons. Lordy - SOAKED!!
And that was our little week!
As I mentioned on Tuesday, I'm taking a little blogging break from today, in the sense that I'll not be around just as often over the Summer holidays. I do hope to pop in to littleloves from time to time though, and you'll still find me as active as ever on Twitter and Instagram. So do follow over there if you can.
Basically lovelies, you'll probably not even notice I'm gone.
I hope that you and yours have the loveliest Summer. Stay safe, and here's hoping for a sunny one!