Two weeks in a row - I'm amazed at myself! Anyhow, as always, I'm linked up today with the lovely butwhymummywhy for a little look at the tiny joys in the past week.
This week, the little things we have:
- I have been reading a lot of new blogs this week, ahead of the MAD awards. You can read my blog post on the MAD's here. If nothing else, I am loving this award programme for drawing my attention to some new writing, and for honouring some of my old favourites!
- Broadchurch - not quite sure how Mr M and I managed to miss this first time around, but wowzers, it is BRILLIANT. Totally addictive, we finished the series in a, slightly embarrassing, three days!
- The Lego Movie - I didn't get it. Controversial! This is not a view shared by my kiddos now, who LOVED it! The animation is, as you would expect, fantastic but the storyline was ropey folks. It made slightly more sense towards the end, but I do think the producers of this were relying perhaps on the Lego brand and the all-star cast. Which no doubt will still make them a fortune. I am a voice in the wilderness.
- But if you want a really good, current kid's movie I'd definitely go with Mr Peabody at the moment! (See here)
- Mr M and I had a night out this week (ooh, exciting!). For dinner with my sister, brother in law and the Ma and Pa I wore:
- And the girls and I rocked our Boden tops at Costa for Saturday morning hot chocolate!
- It maybe doesn't count, but I've been writing like a fiend this past week, getting caught up on my blog posts for the coming weeks (tenuous link, I know!). Amazing how cathartic it can be, and how it sets your brain in order. One post I am particularly proud of, and in writing it I learnt a little lesson or two myself!
- "Mum - meeeeeeee!" / "She did (insert annoying thing here)" / "He won't (ditto) / "They are (you get the drift?)" - it has been a, shall we say, challenging week? One that will have me reaching for the wine come 5pm, and the Mini M's in bed ASAP! I think all that fun at half term is catching up!
- Park trips!
- Catching up with the very best of friends over half term - despite being turned away from our soft play destination. There was a 90 minute wait...for a soft play area...no parent is that desperate, surely?
- The lighter mornings and evenings - Spring is just around the corner, I can feel it!
- Funny faces
- Nail painting
- Hysterical giggles and the beautiful, beautiful sound of little laughs!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin