Wednesday, 30 April 2014

One Fine Day ...



happiness
ˈhapɪnəs/
noun
1.
the state of being happy.
synonyms:    contentment, pleasure, contentedness, satisfaction, cheerfulness, cheeriness, merriment, merriness, gaiety, joy, joyfulness, joyousness, joviality, jollity, jolliness, glee, blitheness, carefreeness, gladness, delight, good spirits, high spirits, light-heartedness, good cheer, well-being, enjoyment, felicity;
antonyms:    unhappiness



Some days you just don't feel it, do you? The Joy?
Whether it's fatigue, or hormones, or a headache that you just can't shift. Or the grey skies, or the ordinary creeping up on you. Or just wanting to wallow, and feel a bit sorry for yourself.
You wake up, on the wrong side of that big bed of life, with a frown that can't be turned upside down.


For me, today was one of those days.
I woke up feeling rotten, sure that this would be a morning when I'd be best avoided.
Got ready, and fretted and fussed over the face looking back at me in the mirror.
Ran through my 'to do' list in my head, as I always do, even on the days when there's little to worry about and no deadlines to keep.
Huffed and puffed, and sighed and sobbed,


And then I came downstairs.



To a breakfast made by my eight year old daughter. A little letter that read...








To the smiles (SMILES!) of my little man, who is feeling so much better.










To the cuddles, and cheeky grins of the smallest one.










And the grey skies cleared and the blue peeped through.

And the Mr, not knowing how I was feeling, sent me a lovely message on his way to work.
And a friend's post on Facebook made me smile.
And another, very new friend, paid me a kindness.


All the tiny things. So appreciated, but perhaps insignificant alone.
But put together today? On a not-so-great day?

Well, I truly believe in that Big Man 'upstairs'.
And today he's got my back. 



E x
Sticky Fingers Photo Gallery
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest thing ever x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks so much sweetpea xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is adorable! So lovely that you got exactly what you needed when you were feeling low - so much love from family and friends. LOVE the note from your kiddie, that is just gorgeous! lovely post xx #thegallery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline! She is very sweet - is it awful of me that I wanted to hug her and straight away tell her how to spell beautiful?? ;) xx

      Delete
  4. Oh, this is a lovely post and that note is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jocelyn. My Eves is a little sweetheart :) xx

      Delete
  5. I've got goose bumps all over! What a simply lovely post - from the cutest letter (loving the spelling!) to the cheekiest grins and the sentiment too. I think it's all about searching for the gold in life sometimes - it's there, just sometimes very well hidden! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very very true my love. Gosh, you're a wise owl! :) Thankyou for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  6. Oh how sweet in so many ways!!! Glad little Noah is feeling much better too :) The big man upstairs totally has your back! Lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post. It is amazing how the world pulls around you when you need it most. Gorgeous photos and beautiful writing- nothing says love like a handwritten note. #thegallery

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word, this is too cute (wipes tear) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww such sweet post! #TheGallery

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post, and that letter is the sweetest!! #thegallery

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a heart-meltingly adorable little note!

    ReplyDelete