Thursday, 3 April 2014

Word of the Week...3/4/14



Today I'm linked up with the ever-so-lovely Jocelyn at The Reading Residence for her Word of the Week.  Definitely check out some of the other great blogs linking up.

I'm cheating a tiny bit this week, and using a phrase, rather than a single word (naughty, naughty I know, butifyousayitreallyfastitsortofdoessoundlikeoneword??). Anyhow, this week the word (?!) which best sums up our week is...






Exciting!!!
*for those uninitiated peeps, I chat all about what a mini-moon is here.

I spoke a little of this last week. My goodness, you'd think we were jetting off to the bloody Bahamas, the amount of air-time this trip has got. Just to clarify, we're not.  (More's the pity!)

Nearly as lovely, but with a lot more rain, is our little weekend destination - Dublin.

We live about an hour and a half from Dublin City, which makes it a perfect little quick escape for a kiddie-free weekend. The incentive for this one came when I booked Mr M some tickets to see the stage show of War Horse, for his Christmas present. (That means I get to go too! I think on my feet lovely readers - not so slow, me ;) )
At first the intention was to nip down and back on the train, but then the amazing in-laws offered to keep the munchkins and, well, YES!! So Saturday morning we will be hitting the road for another 24hrs of eating, wine/cocktail/Guinness drinking, stage-show watching (that makes it sound a bit Wild West, doesn't it?!), hotel luxuriating, loveliness.
I can't wait. And the very best bit? I get to do it all with this gorgeous man.








Check back on Monday for all my photos, and a little trip and theatre low-down. I've heard amazing things about War Horse (and we really loved the film) so I'm so excited to see it!



E x





The Reading Residence








Follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. Ooooh sounds lovely and oh hello Mulberry! Love the bag xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, check you out Eagle Eye ;) Love a girl who knows her designer goods :). It was a wee outlet purchase but I do really love it. Thanks pet xx

      Delete
  2. Urgh, so jel right now!! have an amazeballs time!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks pretty lady! So looking forward to it! Xx

      Delete
  3. Awww sounds lovely! Have a great time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emma. I'm excited about the lie-in, possibly the most ;) xx

      Delete
  4. I so envy you =)

    All fab plans and i hope you will have the grandest time. Looking forward to the photos =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Clever of you to buy a present that you can benefit from, too ;-) Have a brilliant time x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jocelyn! We love a bit of theatre round here ;) xx

      Delete
  6. Excellent present buying skills there! My sister has this talent too like peter kay tickets fro my 30th so she could go too! Very sneaky.
    It sounds like you have a fabulous trip planned and I hope you both have a lovely time #wotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! It's always good to share these things, isn't it?!xx

      Delete
  7. Aww fantastic! What great word I love it! Hope you have an amazing time and very clever present for the hubby! xx #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, I know - a little pressie for me too ;) Hope you have a lovely weekend as well pet xx

      Delete
  8. Escape!! I agree with all the above and will be buying the hubster tickets for every birthday from now on! :-) #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  9. At the risk of being spammy, I also saw War Horse and blogged about it for #WordoftheWeek! I haven't seen the film so don't know how different it is to the play but I was in total awe of it...

    ReplyDelete